Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sweet Animosity Chapter 1



Sweet Animosity

BELLA'S POINT OF VIEW

"Oh god! what happened to you?" I gasped lightly as I touched the split on his lip and mark on his cheek. Even with the beautiful russet color of his skin it was getting darker by the minute. My touch caused him to pull away wincing.

"It's nothing Bella, relax," he sad as he stood up and walked into the small kitchen at his dads house."Just another run in with Sam's creepy cult."

"What?!" I exploded, this was the second time this week that Jake had come home with evidence of those psychos beating on him. I, for one, was pretty sick of this shit. "Can't you talk to the council about this or something?" I questioned, following him into the tiny kitchen.

"Bella, you know that the council completely stand beside the 'Protectors'," he said taking out the OJ container from the fridge and drinking straight from it. "Plus, it's not all of them, it's just Paul and Quil really."

I stomped my foot and crossed my arms in front of me. Yep I stomped my foot, but I'm small, and there aren't too many things I can do to get my point across. "Quil? Quil did this?" I seethed pointing at his injury's, pacing the span of the tiny kitchen. "Fucking Quil! You just wait until I see him again. I'm gunna kick his over grown man-boy ass!" I stopped my pacing only long enough to go back into the living room and search for my jacket. I was going to find that little cock-smuggler, I don't care if he is three feet taller then me.

"Bella, Don't!" Jake called after me. "They'll just beat me harder the next time" he pleaded with me, but I wasn't hearing it.

"Not if they are under the wheels of my truck!" I snapped, finally locating my jacket and heading for the door.

"BELLA!" It wasn't Jake whining after me, it was the booming voice of my Uncle Billy. He may be in a wheelchair, but he still had that don't-you-even-think-about-it Dad voice.

"Goddammit!" I shouted, going back to the living room and throwing my jacket back into the corner.

"Bella," he said rolling in next to me. I turned away, pouting at the wall. "This is a boy thing. Jake will eventually be able to fight back equally if not better. Until that happens, however, you cannot go out and fight his battles for him every time that he gets into a scrap."

"Look at his face!" I screamed at him. I was never this disrespectful to my Uncle and guardian, but fuck! I was protecting this family dammit! "You cannot let this go on!"

He sighed heavily and put his hand on my knee. "Bella, please put my mind at ease and promise me no more fighting. You're father, rest his soul, would be having a fit with me right now if he knew what a scrapper I've let you become."

I rolled my eyes, smiling. I knew he really would have. I also knew in someways he would also be proud. Dad had died right after I moved to Forks to live with him when I was 16. No one knows who did it. I came home one day from school and all his buddies from the station were in my living room, along with , to greet me. It was murder plain and simple, a slit of the throat, and the killer was never found. "Yeah dad would shit himself!"

Charlie Swan was the Chief of Police in the little town of Forks. That's where I have been going to school for all of a week before he was murdered. The courts sent me to all kinds of people to see if I'd go crazy shooting up the town or something before trying to ship me off to some obscure relative's house. My uncle Billy, Charlie's Half-Brother stepped in, he didn't have to fight hard since him and my step-dad's mom were the last remaining relative's I have. Mom and Phil died the year before in a tour bus accident while traveling with Phil's team. I stayed with a friend and in the 'system' until everything was cleared up and Charlie could come and take me back to Forks with him.

"Jacob Anthony Black!" Billy boomed, eyeballing Jake as he came into to the room. "Why are you teaching your cousin such bad language? don't you give me those innocent eyes! I know how you talk and my niece did not talk like this three years ago!"

"Pppffftt. She picked that shit up all by herself!" he scoffed, smacking his dad on the back lightly.

"Jacob, please for Bella's sake, try to avoid those guys. It's your senior year and I don't want you to be kicked out for fighting," Billy said in a serious tone. He whipped his chair around to face me again. "And you, girly, please for the love of your father's soul, please stop starting fights."

I nodded noncommittally. "Look, I'm not going to run anyone over, but I really need to go for a drive," I said standing up, grabbing my jacket again and heading for the door.

"Bella," Billy's voice shot me a warning.

I waved my hand dismissively. I was not stopping this time. "I will not be committing vehicular manslaughter today, Billy, no worries."

I walked out the door, ignoring Jake as he called for me. I could not handle those fucking whipped puppy eyes he gives me when he wants his way. No, not doing it! I jumped into the truck that Jake built for me. It wasn't the greatest, but it was an A-B truck, so I was not complaining.

I drove around for only about twenty minutes before deciding to head to the beach. I parked my truck and walked about three steps before seeing him. Paul, the one I hated the fucking most. Perfect! He was standing knee deep in the water, staring. Like he was in a trance or something. Soft rain was rolling down his muscular naked torso, soaking into his dark sweats as the angry gray ocean lapped at the cut-off ends. God, he was so much bigger in person then in my own happy fantasies of beating his ass. I looked around for a weapon, just in case his behemoth ass tried to come after me. I also figured it was a bit more intimidating to stand here holding a weapon, then just my little self with big rage. Better to have little self, with big rage and a big weapon.

I spotted a baseball bat sized piece of driftwood and picked it up, walking up behind Paul. You know it's a real shame that he was such a fucking asshole. I would've just sat here and ogled him if he was a decent person, but no. Instead I am working hard at suppressing the urge to silent before whacking him in the back of the head with this log.

"What's up, Dick?" I said low, but I knew he heard me. He probably already knew I was standing behind him. "Or is that how it goes?"

I heard a deep chuckle as he slowly turned to face me, his eyes were dark and menacing, but the fucker didn't scare me. No, he could take his little act and go fuck himself. "Isabella Swan, what do I owe this honor, half-breed?"

"Wow, Paul. Has someone been teaching you big words? That was a whole sentence!" I said with false enthusiasm. I straightened my features as I planted my feet firmly, expecting...wanting a fight. I promised not to start them, but I didn't say I wouldn't fight back... "So Paul, why is your little dick-tickling boyfriend taking swings at Jake again?"

He smiled at me! SMILED! "I heard he did more then take a few swings." He came to stand right in front of me, making me look up to glare at him. His voice dropped low and husky. "I heard he fucked him up."

I narrowed my eyes at him and look a small step back so that I had enough room to swing my drift-wood bat. He smiled, taking the move as a retreat. "Paul, if I had not just made a promise to my Uncle Billy not to start anymore fights, I would take your fucking head off with this," I said, lifting the piece of wood. "But I will not, NOT, keep that promise if he comes home again with even a hair out of place. You tell your little boyfriend the same thing!" I spat, turning around to head back to my truck. I was soaked, and though I didn't get to give the beating I so desired , yelling at him did make me feel a little better.

Just as I reached for the drivers side door I was shoved hard from behind and a solid mass pressed up hard behind me. "You know," I heard Paul's deep voice right by my ear, breathy and dangerous. "If you weren't a nasty half-breed, I would show you just how gay I really am."

I felt warm fingers on my cold skin, sliding below the waistline of the gray sweatpants that I stole from Jake that he had cut off at the knees to make shorts. They slide slowly over my bare ass. I let out a low growl, which didn't sound the least bit intimidating while his other hand was pressed my head against the glass. "Right, like that double-A you call a dick would prove anything other then a good laugh," I ground out, while trying to ignore the growing heat that suddenly flushed my body. I refused to blush because of that fuck-head.

There was a deep chuckling in my ear again as he slid his hand back out of my pants. "It's out of respect for Billy that I leave you intact!" He growled, his lips pressed against my ear, making me shiver with vibrations.

I felt the weight lift off of me and spun around to deck him hard, but he was already gone. Fucking creeper.

"Why did you have to even say anything?!" Jake screamed at me a week later. Quil and Paul had razzed him all week about having little half-breed Bella Swan stand up for him. I rolled my eyes at him, but took a cautious step back. He looked a little angrier then usual, even shaking a bit . "I don't need you fighting for me, Bella. I am a grown ass man!"

"You're a senior in high school, Jake. It's not like I went looking for him, he was at the beach when I got there!" I yelled right back. Thank god Billy wasn't home, or else I'd be in deep shit just for that, even though there had been no actual fighting. Plus, Jake didn't even know about Paul's little assault afterward. "God forbid I feel the need to look after my family!"

"Don't you give me that shit! You have been looking for a fight since Charlie..." he stopped mid-sentence, but it didn't stop the flood of pain from hitting me like a brick wall. Fuck, I was going to cry. I hate fucking crying...Jake's features softened as he took a small step toward me, but I jumped back glaring at him. "Look, Bells I'm sorry, I just feel helpless and maybe even a little stupid for not being able to stand up for myself. Here you are all of 90lbs, soaking wet and pulling out the sword and shield every time anyone comes near me."

"Jacob Black, I love you. You and Billy are all I have!" I said, turning my back so that he couldn't see the tears flowing down my face. " Losing Renee in the accident with Phil, and then Charlie....I am just a little over protective to keep everyone I love with me." I walked out the back door, hearing him sigh loudly, but he didn't call for me. He knew better. I hated to cry, and losing both of my parents within a few years apart I thought I had been done crying forever. I walked into the woods and just continued to walk, not really caring where I was going. What did it matter? Maybe I'll get lost and die. Yeah okay, dramatic, but I was allowed to be a chick once in a while.

"Aren't you afraid of the big bad wolf?" I heard a familiar husky voice behind me. Good..Paul, Now I can get all that aggression out and he was just the right person to take it out on.

"Big? Oh… are you pretending to have a big dick again? That's so cute." I said with a dry laugh.

"You know, I'd watch saying stuff like that out here, all alone, with no one here to save you," he said menacingly. His eyes were dark . There wasn't any of the tolerated amusement in them that had graced them the last time. For the first time, I was scared of Paul, which only made me even angrier.

"You know, it's a little sick that you get off on tormenting women!" I spat, turning around to head back to the house.

"Get back here!" he ordered in a booming voice.

"Fuck you Paul!" I shouted without turning around.

"Bella! I'm serious, it's about Jake!" he said again sounding a bit more urgent. I stopped, not because of what he was saying, but because in the three years I have lived in LaPush with Billy and Jake, Paul had never called me anything other then Half-Breed.

When I spun around to face him, I was startled by how close he was to me. I didn't even hear him walk up behind me. He's right, you're stupid, alone in the woods and no one can hear you! "What is it Paul? Jake is expecting me home soon." It was a lie, but I was now scared.

"Now, if this wasn't so important I would be calling you out on that lie," he said, smiling a little, as if he could read my mind. Creepy.

"Just spit it out please," I said, backing away a little.

He nodded and hid face grew serious. "Look, he's going through something that is hard for us guys and we are trying to help--"

"Help?!" I spat, forgetting my fear as I stepped forward. "That's what you call help?"

"Look I know that Quil and I play rough, but--" he started again, running a nervous hand through his hair.

"You have been beating the shit out of him for weeks!" I felt my hands shaking.

"We were just trying to piss him off!" he finally spat back, starting to pace in front of me.

"Well you pissed me off, is that good enough for you?" I snapped, grabbing a hold of one of his large arms. Holy Chocolate Cow, his arms are as big as my leg. I shook the thought and fixed my glare back on. "Why are you intentionally tormenting him?"

He glanced down at my hands that held his arm captive and then back up at me. "It's a tribe thing, Billy knows that we are not trying to hurt him, it's sorta like a right of passage thing."

I scoffed. "An right of passage into manhood for Quiluete Tribe is beating the shit out of their members?"

He narrowed his eyes at me and turned to face me fully, making me drop my grip from his arm and once again stepped back. He moved forward until my back hit a large tree and I could no longer move. He placed his hands on the tree, one on each side of my head, and then leaned in close, his voice rough and husky. "You wouldn't know the first thing about it half-breed. It just so happens there is more then just boogy men that go bump in the night." So much for using my name...

I hated my body for shivering, letting him know that he effected me, even in the littlest way. "Is it supposed to surprise me that you're a creeper at night too?" I said snidely, just trying to make him back up a bit before my traitorous body did anything else to rebel against me.

He leaned away from me and that menacing look was back. "Don't you wish? Hmm…You want me creeping around your room at night?"

"Not unless you want to lose the opportunity to have little assholes in the future," I ground out. Fuck the more scared I got, the more mean I got. This was not the way to deal with Paul. I tried to duck under his arm to walk away, but he grabbed my wrists and pinned them above my head. "LET... ME…. GO!" I said slowly, now in full panic mode.

"I seem to recall an earlier made offer that I suddenly feel like claiming," he whispered, leaning in close to my ear. I felt his warm tongue on my neck. "Beg for me, half-breed."

"Fuck you!" I said, intending it to sound angry, but it came out in a whimper. Now my voice was against me!

"That's the one," he groaned before pressing the length of his body against mine, licking the spot my neck met my collar bone. I went into fight mode, thrashing and bucking against him. I had to get away before I did something horrible, like let out the moan that I had been suppressing.

"PAUL!" I snapped bucking hard, trying to bring my knee up to catch him in the balls, but his heavy body was too much. "Please, don't!"

"LET HER GO!" I heard Jakes voice behind Paul, strong and lethal. I had never heard him sound this way before. Paul gave my neck one more lick, clear up to my ear before a smooth chuckle escaped him. "Show time!" he whispered, slowly getting off of me and turning to Jake.

When I finally saw my cousin, he was beyond furious. It was like nothing I had never seen before. His whole body was shaking, no that's not right. Vibrating. Yes, he was vibrating with the amount of tremors rolling off of his body. He stared at Paul, with murder in his eyes. "Jake! Calm down!"

"No!" Paul hissed, when I tried to walk over to him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him, blocking me with his body. "Let it happen."

"What? What is happening?" Jake seethed, sweating and panting.

"What's happening to him?" I whispered, not even thinking as I held on to Paul's shoulders, digging my nails into his skin from my fear and peeking around him. "Paul can you help him, please!"

"Jake, step back!" Paul said forcing me back a little. I hated this man with a passion, but my fear for Jake was gripping my heart and threatening to rip it clean out of my chest. I held on to his hand, refusing to let go when he gently tried pry me off so that he could walk over to Jake. He turned to me, seeing the fear in my eyes, his features softened for a second. "He's going to be fine. This is what I was telling you would happen. Trust me." He gave my small hand, that was almost lost in his, another squeeze before letting go and walking toward Jake.

"I feel like I'm burning on the inside!" Jake ground out, his breaths coming out in gasps.

"Close your eyes and let it happen," I heard Paul's soft bass voice instruct.

Jake started screaming like someone had lit a match to him and my terror had reached it's limit. I dropped to my knee's and covered my eyes as I listened to a horrible ripping noise that was followed by another. I refused to open my eyes, afraid of what I might see.

Chapter 2

No comments:

Post a Comment