Monday, March 17, 2014

POSTED: The Home

Rachel 5



"What are you doing here?” Lahote set me down on my feet inside Dr. McCarty’s office for my one on one. Jake stood with the Dr smiling at me. The anger in my tone sucked the positive vibes right out of the room.



"I asked him to come. I think a family session is in need." The doc spoke for Jake and nodded for Lahote to leave, but I grabbed his arm shaking my head. "I don't want this. I requested no family sessions until I was ready. It was agreed by my other therapist." Lahote looked at me then to the guys and sighed.



"This is out of my jurisdiction Talo." The regret was evident as he backed toward the door opening it. When I looked back to Jake and the Doc they were whispering to one another. I covered my face feeling caged in. "Jake don't force this on me. I thought we had an understanding."



“ We did. But this isn't exactly what you think. We will be doing the talking." Jake walked over to me trying to be comforting, but there was an uneven awkward edge to his tone that freaked me out. Whatever it is I was not ready for it. I didn't need any bad news when I was just starting to get the hang of all this.



"Talking about what exactly?" I asked inching towards the door. I didn't notice Lahote still standing there until I bumped into him. His hands rested on my shoulders then slowly turned me around to face them. "I won't stay unless he does." I surprised even my self when the demand for my PO to be present flew from my mouth. Both Jake and the Doc nodded agreeing and Lahote stood at the back of the room not saying a word. Something about him being there was comforting.



"Rachel, as you know we have had quite a few sessions now, in which during I have closely evaluated you.” I slowly sat down trying to understand exactly what Dr McCarty was trying to get at. Jake was looking at me with his hands pressed together, pushed against his face, his nose buried between the small creases of his hands. “I have come to the conclusion in my professional opinion that you are Bi-Polar. Actually, the correct term would be server Bi-Polar disorder."



WHAT?” I shoot up out my seat shaking my head waving my arms in front of me. "You are on crack! There is nothing wrong with me like that. My god, all I did was take pills and now I am a nut case?!” I didn't even care that Jake seemed disgusted by my reaction, I was not going to be labeled crazy for the rest of my life for getting high a few times.



"I believe that your drug abuse has triggered it. For the most part, Jake has recalled you as being short tempered growing up and your outburst during out last session were clear signs." I could swear he almost seemed amused while he explained his bullshit diagnoses.



I looked to my brother with betrayal for his part in this. "Jake? You agree with him?" I couldn't believe he would do this to me. How could my own brother believe this crap?



"Rachel, you have a lot of mood swings. You’re either extremely happy, beyond pissed, or so sad that you would attempt take your own life. When dad died something inside you snapped. You’ve changed sis." I could see the concern in his face and at the time, I didn’t care for his concern.



"This isn't your fault, Talo" Said a voice behind me. I had forgotten Lahote was in the room and I looked back at him frowning realizing that everyone in this room thought I was a nut case. I could do this one of two ways. Option one being flip out, cussing them all out proving to them the very point that I am trying to negate, that I am crazy. Or two, I could make them all look like a bunch of dick-less assholes, who have no fucking clue  what they are talking about. I smiled sweetly at all three of them and stood up calmly.



"I can see why you all would come to this conclusion. I have not been exactly sane the past few months. I will comply with everything and anything you need from me." I could have sworn Lahote coughed a laugh. My brow arched glancing back at him daring him to say something against me. All he did was wink at me fold his arms, amused with my
calm behavior.



"That is great Rachel, wow. I was honestly worried this was going to send you into—”

I cut Jake off fighting against myself not to ball my hands into fist and punch the stupid relieved grin off his face. "A bitch fit? Jakey, I get why you are quick to join in with the Quack… I mean doc, but I think maybe you're having a hard time dealing with your own issues at the moment. “I smiled at his confused face and went on. “Like the fact you slept with that psychotic bitch who popped your um… what did she call it?" I used my fingers as quotes keeping my tone calm and steady. "Man Cherry? Not that I really what to know, but what kind of kinky stuff are you into? "



I just kept that smile plastered on my face, giggling to myself while his eyes narrowed as he took a step closer to me. He could say I have a short fuss all he wants but Jacob Black’s fuse would always light up in flames quicker then mine. "Watch yourself Rachel. You don't know that girl or our history." The quiet hiss behind his words assured me I had him. I just had to pinch the nerve a little harder to make him snap like a twig. Game over. Check mate. Win.



"Isn't she my age? Wow, what is she, a child molester? Gross. Maybe you should be the one talking to the good Doctor here or better yet, get checked out for STDs. I mean from the way she talked about it, I would bet you were not her first.”



Jacob shook his head and clenched his jaw. “She is the same age as me and why are we even talking about this?”



I felt Lahote move closer behind me leaning down whispering in my ear. "Knock it off before you make it worse." I looked up at him with an innocent smile, but I could feel the devilish glare flickering in my eyes.



"Rachel, I know what you are doing and that does not work in a case like yours." The Dr. McCarty tried to speak as if he had some sort of authority over me. I turned to face him shrugging my shoulders. "I am only proving a point."



“ And what point is that, Rachel?" The doctor questioned curiously as me scribbled down in his note pad.



I put back on my sweet voice and looked directly at the doctor. "Well for one, my brother couldn't find himself a nice girl to loose it to, so he went for the town slut."



It was written all over Jake’s face, which made me grin with triumph. Snap. Win. “ Damn it Rachel! What the fuck is wrong with you? We are trying to help you and get you back to the way you used to be and you go pulling stupid fucking shit like this! How dare you bring someone into your shit storm just because you can't come to reality that you are not perfect?"



Snap. Lose. "Hold the fuck up, I am the first person to say I am not perfect. Why are you so pushy about me being how I was? Did you ever stop and think, hey maybe that wasn't her and she is just now being herself?” I snapped back loosing at my own game.



"How were you not ever yourself? You had ever opportunity in the world handed to you. You always had everything you could ever want. Why are you acting like you had something taken from you?” He just didn't get it. He never would, even if I spelled it out for him and spoke really slow. I just turned to walk away, but Lahote's hard chest knocked me back a few steps and his dangerous glare made me shiver. He took my wrist, moving me behind him.



"Think about one thing Jacob.” Lahote said, his glare moving between Jake and the Doctor. “She was the chief’s daughter. Her every move was watched, judged, and talked about. If she wasn't perfect, you bet your ass the whole town was gossiping about it. Try being yourself under that amount of pressure." Lahote opened the door, ignoring when Dr. McCarty called out about not being done yet, and led me down the hall, but not directly to my room like I assumed was going to happen.



"I am normal. I am not Bi-Polar." I muttered more to myself then anyone else as I followed his lead. Lahote looked down at me, stopping in front of a door. I leaned against it and he stretched his arms up and leaning forward and catching himself on the door looking down at me with a kind smile.



"Listen, you are a little bi-polar, but truthfully I think everyone is bi-polar to some degree." My lips parted to protest, but he quickly put a finger over them, which I could have licked, but luckily I did have some sort of self-control. "You need to get along with some of the other girls here. I am not saying be BFF’s, but I want to see you have girls to confided in and hangout with. I know you say you don't like some, but I know if you would give it a chance you would have fun with them. That is why I set this up. You trust me right?"



I let out a loud sigh dropping my head back on the wall looking up into his dark eyes seeing the sincerity in them. My hands moved to his shoulders we both stayed silent for a long moment. I had become lost in the enchanting world of mystery that is Paul Lahote’s eyes. I kept telling myself to speak, but I just couldn't get any words out. Lahote shut his eyes dropping his head like he was ashamed of himself. “I’ll make a deal with you…” I finally got the words out, but they were not the ones I had planned to speak.



"What kind of deal?" Lahote pushed himself off the wall putting space between us, I was waiting for his eyes to once again find mine, but he avoiding looking directly at me.



"Let me call you Paul and I'll go in and behave myself.” I don't know it bothered me so much that he didn't allow me to call him by his first name but it did, more and more every day. Lahote eyes snapped up at me he looked puzzled scratching his scruffy beard. “Why does it matter what you call me?"



“ Because it shows that you trust me." I whispered, being honest. Being so formal with him and still being expected to share such intimate details about me and parts of my life made me feel like he didn't really trust me. I know I was just a charge to him, but I always hear all the other girls calling their POS by first name and I didn't understand why I couldn't with him.



"Alright, I do trust you and I guess we are past the whole professional crap huh?" I could feel him grin but I didn't look up because I knew my smile would give me away. Instead I just turned around opening the door to the room where my hand picked friends would be walking in the small room playing out different scenarios in my head.



"Um…?" I turned to face him confused. "So where are these girls you desperately want me to get along with Paul?" He chuckled pointing to the couch for me to sit down. He pulled up a metal fold up chair and dragged it closer, sitting next to me shaking his head amused. "They will be here. They are not as easy as you are and they tend to fight their POs on just about everything. Just wait patiently, Talo."



Once everyone had finally entered the room I sat sitting as far away from the other two as I could manage on the couch crossing my arms in a pout. I was seriously reconsidering this deal. Now that I think about it, I can go back to calling him Lahote. I don’t need friends. Especially not friends like these particularly crazy ones. The new one that was fist fighting naked with her P.O. yesterday and low and behold, my favorite slut was in here too, coming into the room courtesy of her P.O. physically carrying her.



Paul walked over taking a seat in the chair in front of me. "Talo—”



"Ha! I told you she was Talo!" My eyes rolled hearing the slut brag about figuring out who I was. Paul looked over at her with a mean glare before turning his attention back to me, speaking softly. "Talo, I know you think this place won't help and you want to be home, but just look at how that meeting with the Doctor went. Could you do that all day everyday? Without me or sue or anything else as a buffer between you and your brother?"



I knew he was right but I wasn't ready to admit it out loud. I took a moment, but agreed with a slight nod of my head. "Good, now I know these men here, I work with them so from now on all three of us are not your individual parole officers. Not according to us. All three of us are ALL of your parole officers."



"What?!" All three of us sounded shocked and pissed. I was slightly jealous to share my new friend with the other two. Especially Swan. I have seen her with her PO she practically begs him to fuck her. The other girl, Leah or Lee, just looked mean, like she had bitch written all over her face, meaning she will challenge Paul and take his attention away.
Lahote was my parole officer but I felt like he was also my friend. The only one I had left in this planet.



"That is right kids, since the three of you seem to be unable to deal with NOT getting into trouble with each other you have now sealed the deal on three wardens." This had to be some sort of joke. He was not seriously going to let these two assholes have a say on my outcome?



Swan sat up glaring at her PO who would barely look at her. It was easy to say who was really in control there. "Are you fucking kidding me? Mike, this is bullshit and you know it. I don't need three baby sitters.” Swan turned her glare, a more hatful and scary one, to Lee's PO. I couldn't help, but to grin watching her call him out on his shit. "This was your fucking idea, because you get your rocks off by torturing us girls."



I watched her scream at the man, he didn't even blink. I thought Paul was a big Jerk but this guy would be a nightmare to have to deal with. Why would Lahote willingly do this to me? 



His eyes narrowed and his tone dropped to a hard powerful almost growl. "You have almost killed people on four separate occasions.” Good information to have. “You have a blatant disregard for rules, seeing how you snuck into my charges room last night and on top of everything else, I have a serious inquiry on just how close you are with your parole officer." Swan was on her feet in a hot second.



When Mike pushed her back down I found myself shifting in my seat, getting angry for her. These three dicks must get off on the power to control us. Not letting us have a say in anything we do. What was the point of coming here if it's worst then prison would be? "Swan, chill the fuck out. I can't be here all the time and when I am not, they are
right, you need to be looked after."



Lee seemed bored with the argument and to be honest somewhat relieved. But then again if I had her PO full time, I wouldn't mind the change up either.  "Well I may be the only one that is perfectly fine with this arrangement." She said winking at Mike. "However, I still wouldn't wish Sergeant here on anyone, not even my worst enemy."



“ You, Clearwater, are here because it is obvious that I and you have shit to get through, so your headquack thinks it would be a good idea if I wasn't all present in your recovery process. If I comply, I need someone to be watching you while I am not here." My brow arched at the way he talked down to her, shaking my head not agreeing with any of
this. How was any of it so called recovery?



"That is the biggest cop-out I have ever heard." She snapped back. "You would never do what some fucking shrink told you to do."



The discussion was taking a nasty turn I kicked my foot out hitting Paul who looked at me confused. I was ticking my head to the side trying to silently ask him to step in to help and not sit there grinning like an idiot watching a good soap opera. “I got orders because of a call that your fucking queer shrink put in to my department." Quil said, finally coming out with the truth.



"Look, we have worked with Sue to make it so that all chores, fieldtrips, and practically everything else that is to be done while you three are in this house, will be done together."



Mike nodded, giving us all a authorities three second glance. "The only time you are excused is when an individual parole officer or your assigned shrink pulls one of you away."



"Sa se bullshit nèt sou tout pwen." This is complete bullshit. I mutter sure that no one would understand huffing sitting back in my seat crossing my arms when suddenly both girls where staring at me with huge shit eating grins.



  "Èske ou trè enfliyan?" Are you fluent? Swan asked with a laugh looking back at Lee. I nodded grinning having an idea where this was leading.



"Byen, paske m' ap ki pou di osi lontan ke sa a kontra avèk twa gardiens dure, nou pale pa gen anyen nan Angle." Good, because I say that for as long as this deal with three babysitters lasts, we speak nothing of English. I nodded fast smiling loving the idea. When I glanced to Paul he was watching intently trying to figure out what the hell was going on between the three of us.

"Don't you dare look at me like that you trader." I spat out at Lahote I felt let down by him, like all the so called progress we made in trust was a bunch of bullshit. "Talo, knock it off. You said you—” 

I cut him off standing up not even realizing everyone was now watching us. "What? Trust you Paul?! I did I trusted you not to throw me to some psycho wolves!" I pointed to Quil. "That one there beats his charges, like he did Lee the other night. She was screaming like he was going to rape her. You think I am safe with someone like that? Or how about Mr. Smooth over there?" I said nodding to Mike. “You think he’s going to be able to keep his dick in his pants long enough to help me fucking recover? You’re not supposed to just pawn me off like some burden you piece of shit! It's your job, isn't it? Isn't that what you keep fucking telling me, you lying bastard?!" I don't know at what point I started to yell but it must have been when Paul actually dragged me out the room. All I know is one minute we are in that damn room and the next outside on the porch, away from the front doors.



"Are you calm enough to talk like a normal adult?" Lahote was leaning against the railing with his head hung down, not looking at me.



I shook my head still angry at him. "I didn't realize I was too much for you to handle on your own. You have to go and call in bigger dicks to fuck me over." I snapped bringing both my hands to my scalp and pulling at my hair, feeling way to many emotions at once.



Lahote charged at me pinning me to the wall with his body. Everything about his movements said anger, but he let out a breath and there it was again...The worry, the concern.

He cupped my cheeks, looking into my eyes searchingly and shaking his head. "No. Talo I did this to help you, please try to see that. I did this because in some points of our—” He paused stumped for words he just stopped, pressing his forehead to mine once again making my heart break for him. I wanted to hug him, but I know the second I did he would pull away. "I did this because I can handle you, but as much as I don't want to admit this you have a way of handling me too." He backed away turning away from me planting his hands on the deck railing leaning back then pushing himself forward. I watched his right side up pushup as I puzzled over trying to figure out what that he meant.




"You have had a long day Talo. Get some rest. I will see you tomorrow." He said and walked away without even looking back at me. I couldn't speak even if I wanted to. I just walked to my room in a confused state trying to decipher his last comment.



How is it that I handle him? Why are his panties in a bunch over it? Is it because I can relate to him or because he actually sees me as a human and not a file? I am not a file and either is Lee, or Swan. They might be rude as hell and bitchy but we are human. No one should treat us any differently.



In fact I think that is a lesson these boys will have to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment